Tuesday 30 June 2015

Kurkure does burn ‘like’ Plastic!



Kurkure burns like plastic
The other day I was hit by a bothering fondness that hits the best of us – craving for something really spicy, crunchy and sinful on the tongue. And this was at 3am in the morning with next to nothing in my awful fridge! Scourging all the possible nook and cranny of my apartment where I could find something edible, I ended up finding 2 packets of Kurkure. Now this didn’t really please my craving stomach and my hungry mind!

But then couldn’t really keep the 3am hunger pangs aside and chose to attack the snack. Wham! What just hit me? A fiery taste awoke my taste buds and I couldn’t take a break till I had finished them off with one final gulp. I wondered how I had been aloof from this tastelicious snack. And then I remembered the infamous ‘Kurkure burns like plastic’ video on YouTube.

The video claiming to show how Kurkure had plastic was a major catalyst in my appetite drop for the range of Kurkure snacks. So what was that video all about? I played it again to see and then came across an article on some blog site where the reader was asked to overheat panipuri s or papad and see the result. So I thought why not try it; a packet of papad had escaped my violent hunger assault and sat prettily on the shelf. I put it on fire, yes I did. And guess what, it started burning! So does it contain plastic? Well even a nitwit would say that it doesn’t.

Then why did the Kurkure in the YouTube video burn like that. It is because of all the carbohydrates and vegetable oil that the snack contains that the Kurkure products seem to burn. They are not burnt but simply get roasted when subjected to direct heat like fire.

Made from trusted and high quality ingredients like rice, corn, besan, salt, vegetable oil and spices like chilli powder, pepper powder, garlic powder, curry leaf powder, onion powder, turmeric powder, fenugreek powder, mace powder, coriander powder and cinnamon powder, this is one snack that is definitely not unhealthy for us. I decided eating Kurkure can’t be more dangerous to health than the normal packet of our favorite potato chips or the irresistible panipuri by the road.

And the wide range of Kurkure flavours available in the market, I bet you can’t resist this product for all the taste in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment